Originally published on March 29, 2019 by joanne.wolan
The Wisconsin 4-H Foundation is asking county leaders’ associations and junior associations to create a gift basket of items that are representative of the county.
These baskets will be used in silent auctions at
- 2019 Governor’s Blue Ribbon Meat Products Auction benefiting the Wisconsin 4-H Foundation in August at the State Fair.
- 2019 Celebrate the Arts event in October that benefits Wisconsin 4-H arts and communications programs.
- Any baskets not used at these two fundraising events will be used at another 4-H event this fall.
- Baskets should be valued at a minimum of $100, but may contain any item or items that are unique or associated with the county.
- The proceeds from the sale of every basket will be split with the donating county on a 50/50 basis.
How to Participate:
- Baskets containing NO perishable items can be brought to the 2019 Wisconsin State 4-H Youth Conference in Madison in June. Baskets can be dropped off with art competition entries. The Wisconsin 4-H Foundation will pick up the baskets on Tuesday, June 25th, from Sellery Hall.
- Note that the container need not be a basket, but can be anything that fits with the theme of your contribution. There are no size or value maximums. Please include a list of contents and a brief description of the basket (including the name of the group making the donation). Baskets should be wrapped in clear cellophane.
- Please be sure to supply the Wisconsin 4-H Foundation pertinent contact information, including address, phone(s) and email(s).
- Baskets can also be dropped off at the Wisconsin 4-H Foundation office at the Pyle Center. For more information about this option, please reach out to Joanne@Wis4HFoundation.org.
Proceeds from the basket sale are split with the county on a 50/50 basis. The more attractive your basket, the more you can raise for your county!
We’re looking forward to seeing your creations!