The Four Essential Elements of Positive Youth Development
- Do you have caring adults in your life that advise, guide and mentor you?
- Do you feel like you belong to a group and others are positive and encouraging?
- Do you feel safe from physical or emotional harm?
- Are you learning new things and skills?
- Do you have opportunities to practice new skills?
- Are you able to find new resources and learn on your own?
- Are you able to make your own decisions?
- Do you set your goals and then work to reach them?
- Do you see many choices for yourself in the future?
- Are you able to teach others?
- Are you giving back to members in your family, 4-H club, or community?